On the first day, God created philosophers. On the second day, he put into motion the evolutionary process thereby allowing everybody else to sort out his/her existence and requiring philosophers to make sense out of their sordid experience.
As Plato said: “Until philosophers are kings, or the kings and princes of this world have the spirit and power of philosophy, and political greatness and wisdom meet in one, cities will never have rest from their evils.”
Hi, my name is Koki Abesolome, and I am a philosopher. If I insert myself in your affairs, it is not by choice but by the wish of God to shed light on the dark corner of your blind spot in your existence as hiccups of the evolutionary process.
- Anybody who thinks Fano will march into Addis is Uber-idiot.
- The uprising of Fano is the best thing that has happened to Ethiopian politics since the savagery of Oromummaa invaded the political market.
- For Fano to achieve its potential it requires a robust political organ.
- Focusing on the military dimension and ignoring the political landscape is Uber-Stupid and a losing strategy.
- Anybody who knows anything about anything related to coalition formation knows the እድር-ወ-ፅዋ tradition that relies on the since of አንተም ተው አንቺም ተይ doctrine of እርቅ will not work.
- Any effort to bring unity and peace between Fano leaders that is anchored in አንተም ተው አንቺም ተይ theology of the political hermit will collapse before the proverbial ink dries on the paper they signed on. That is if they get to a point of signing agreement.
THE ONLY OPTION AVAILABLE TO FANO
The right approach requires a methodical process. First is to establish a political platform to develop a common agenda, and a robust strategy along with a concomitant roadmap and a flexible and adoptive end goal. Once a consensus on a minimum program is established, it will be easier to have different Fanos – small and large – coalesce around it. This has various advantages.
First, it will avoid clashes of egos and personal interests.
Second, it will unite most Fanos small and large. Remember that you cannot bring all Fanos to unite as there are some idiosyncratic leaders who have irreconcilable views and interests. The effort should focus on building a critical mass that may have 60% to 70% of Fanos. As the critical mass builds the idiosyncratic once will lose footing in the Fano landscape.
Third, unity that is based on political agenda, strategy, roadmap, and end goal will change the social and military psychology of Fanos. Most of all it will minimize risks of civil war and warlordism. See my August Manifesto proposal that was put forth for discussion.
The agenda-setting and roadmap-building efforts must be led by intellectuals. This requires creating a transparent and open platform and inviting the various groups to present their draft manifestos.
All else is a waste of time