BREAKING NEWS: It has been confirmed by different sources that the Ethiopian and Eritrean governments will have a preliminary meeting in Germany on the 20th. of March 2012. Some representatives of both countries have already arrived in Germany.
The mediators, Israel and Qatar, have presented the following five-point road-map to the Eritrean and Ethiopian governments:
1. Qatar will lease the Eritrean port of Assab for 20 years and Ethiopia will use the port.
2. Ethiopia will be committed to demarcate the border, restore Bademe to Eritrea, and withdraw its troops.
3. Both countries will work in harmony to normalize their socio-economical relations between them.
4. Both countries will work to normalize their diplomatic and political relations.
5. People affected by the 1998-2000 war will be compensated with the help of donors.