,>

We have attacked Chinese convey in Ogaden says ONLF Commander

4 mins read

14 December 2013

Ogaden1
Photo Credit: American Journalist, Jonathan Alpeyrie in Ogaden With ONLF, The date on the photo is not verified.

Abdullaahi Yasin, a commander of ONLF, Ogaden National Liberation Front especail unit of Danab, a group fighting for self-determination of Ogaden region in eastern Ethiopia confirmed several attacks against Ethiopian Troops in Ogaden Region.

Speaking to Radio-Xoriyo, a Radio run by the ONLF, Commander Abdullahi Yasin confirmed that they have carried out several attacks in Ogaden on last week.

Our operational objectives were weaking the military, said The Commander.

Our recent attacks have increased, and normally we attack everyday three or four operations most of them are planned and well-coordinated, we have received many ammunitions and weapons from the Enemy (Regimes Troops) – added the commander.

The commander confirmed that they have burned in this week three Military trucks including “Ural’ a local used military track made in Russia.

We have received that there is a big convey in the area of Jigjiga, Bambaas Vicinity and we have attacked on the convey, we did not aware of what is this convey carrying but later we have found out that Chinese delegates are among. There was a fierce fighting and reminded the Ethiopian troops Obale Operation, I am confirming that there was heavy caulity, said the Commander Abdullaahi Yaasin.

Meanwhile the commander speaking out the daily attacked, he said that there was other attacks carried out on the same day on December 6 and other military transport were burned in the area of Dhanaan and Babili of Jigjiga and Godey Zones.

Ogaden region hosted Ethiopian Federalisim gathering, political analysts refers hosting as a sympol Ethiopia wants to show International Community that Ogaden people are ready to accept as part of Ethiopian Government.

However majority of Ogaden people complained about hosting the Ethiopian Nations and Nationalities Day in Jigjiga, reports said that many people are arrested and mistreated while the city was under military.

The government wants to secure the area since fearing any insecurity incidents. According to a source the federal government has learned that there were many attacks on the region.

The Regional Administration claims developing the region with many projects, locals believe in the development of the region is far from the reality on the grounds.

The missing is a life; life without freedom has no development said, Ahmed Abdullahi.

On April 2007, Ogaden National Liberation Front (ONLF) attacked on a Chinese oil field in Ogaden killing 65 of workers including nine Chinese.

The Government of Ethiopia blamed for brutal and excessive counter insurgency operation in Ogaden.

Human Right Groups accused of Ethiopian government a crime against humanity, Ethiopia refutes the accusation.

In 2007, Ethiopia crackdown against insurgent of ONLF, Ogaden National Liberation Front, a group fighting for self-determination of Ogaden region has left thousands of Ogaden civilians who are mainly women and children.

Media and journalist are banned in the Ogaden region and that is why the conflict in Ogaden is not getting international attention.

The past few days the region has seen an increase in heavy fighting.

Since 2005, Ethiopia government isolated Ogaden region from the World, Ethiopia imposed a ban all international aid and media organizations in Ogaden despite some are operating under the permit of intelligence surveillances.

Ogaden National Liberation Front (ONLF) fighting for the self-determination of Ogaden Region in Ethiopia since 1994.

Source: Ogadentoday Press

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.