By Belayneh Abate
For long, the Oslo Noble Peace Prize has been thrown like toys to people who have little value to human life. History reminds us that Hitler was nominated for Oslo’s Noble Peace Prize in 1939. In 1991, Aung San Suu Kyi won the noble prize but as we speak her government is accused of ethnic cleansing of the Rohingya minorities in Myanmar.
In 2019, Oslo awarded the Noble Peace prize to Abiy Ahmed, the chairman of the notorious criminal organization, the Ethiopian People’s Democratic Front(EPRDF). Now Abiy’s government is flatly denying and concealing the intensified Amara and Christian genocides in Ethiopia.
Abiy’s government is denying the genocide of Christians and Amaras despite the overwhelming available evidences, the continued deep anguish, and bloody tears of the mourning genocide survivors in dark clothes. According to genocide watch, denial is the final stage of genocide. 
For thousands of years, Ethiopia was a role model for peaceful co-existence of different ethnic and religious groups. This peaceful coexistence has been severely threated and, in some instance, shattered since Zenawi’s and Ahmed’s EPRDF came down from Hell 30 years ago. Although the world paid no attention to it, systematic ethnic cleansing and genocide has been the norm for decades. The Amara and Christian genocides have been intensified since Abiy Ahmed took power two years ago.
In the country where the famous historian Herodotus called the land of just men, we have heard and seen the gruesome slaughtering of Amaras and Christians of other ethnic groups in the southern, Eastern, Western and Central Ethiopia. Ethiopians and part of the world population have learned that the barbarian killers were shouting “get out Amara”, get out neftegna (a code for Amara), get out orthodox Christians while they were killing the martyrs they identified prior to the killings. These heinous barbarians murdered even a nine-month pregnant women in front of her children shouting, “kill the unborn and the would be Christian.” How further can genocide go beyond the killing of unborn child based on his possible future identity? [3-10]
When the barbarians were slaughtering the unborn babies, children, pregnant women, the youth and the elderly, Abiy Ahmed’s government local administrators and security forces were watching idly and, in some instances, reportedly participating in the killings. When the barbarians burned the businesses and houses of citizens in Shashemene following the lists they compiled, they first controlled the gas stations to have unrestricted access for petroleum they used to ignite the fires. The local administrates and security forces did nothing to stop the burning of the residences and business centers of the victims. These evidences confirm the already established facts that genocides do not occur without direct or indirect participation of local, regional or central governments. [3-10]
Abiy Ahmed’s central government, his ethnic regional and local government rulers are now flatly denying genocide to complete the tenth stage of genocide and to insert sharp spears in the broad wounds of the genocide survivors and our conscience.
Just like the other genocide- denier governments in history, these ruthless Abiy Ahmed’s government have started it futile attempt to destroy the evidences of genocides. The central, regional, and local rulers are intimidating genocide survivors not to talk about their ordeals and forcing witness not to give information to the local and international medias.
Furthermore, they are incarcerating courageous and historical journalists that exposed the genocides. No doubt these courageous incarcerated journalists will be rewarded on earth and in heaven when justice prevails as those timid and liar journalists who cover up the genocides will be cursed in history and the coming generations.
As it happened during the Jewish Holocaust, the actors of the genocides are not the only heartless people who are flatly denying the full-blown Amara and Christian genocides. Siding with Abiy Ahmed’s government, many disgruntled individuals are shamefully denying these genocides. Furthermore, many radio and television stations, websites, newspapers, magazines, and websites are also denying these genocides either through intentional cover ups, or through dereliction of duties.
It is an unavoidable responsibility of this generation to make the primary actors, collaborators and genocide deniers face national and international justice. This responsibility should not be left to the next generations as it happened to the current generation of the Armenians.
In the meantime, the genocide survivors need physical, mental, and emotional support to mitigate their sufferings from post-traumatic syndromes. Children who have seen their parents slaughtered like Easter lambs and dragged on streets like tree branches will never have a normal life. Parents who have seen their children beheaded and denied timely burials will never live healthily lives. Therefore, the genocide victims shall receive timely justice, and the genocide survivors should get strong assistance from the public, Churches, Mosques, psychiatrists and psychologists.
Ethiopians and the people of the world please stop being the habitual spectators of genocides in Ethiopia and make grave historical mistakes. The continued Amara and Christian genocides require independent international investigation as soon as possible. The Amaras and Christians in the regions of genocide should be provided with their God given rights and arms to organize and defend themselves.
Stop the Amara and Christian Genocide now!
End notes: (all last accessed on August, 2020)
- Hitler was nominated for Noble Prize, the New York Times https://www.nytimes.com/1934/12/30/archives/hitler-nominated-for-nobel-prize-he-is-held-to-have-curbed-the.html
- Aug San Suu Kyi’s Complicit in Rohingya Ethnic Cleansing, The Guardian, https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2017/nov/15/aung-san-suu-kyi-complicit-in-rohingya-ethnic-cleansing-in-myanmar-mps-told
- The Ten Stages of Genocide: https://www.genocidewatch.com/ten-stages-of-genocide
- የ 9ኝ ወር ነፍሰጡር ባለቤቴን ከ ልጆቼ ፊት የአማራ ልጅ አይወለድም ፣ ክርስቲያን አይወለድም ብለው https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KlLNCUwGeY&fbclid=IwAR35qA9M8lkO_d0C-1Qbuljqsja-XJtBp60VX0GdZtmKDZIe-frcQW_g7GY
- በኛየደረሰ በማንም አይድረስ ] በአንድ ቤተሰብ 5 ሰዎች ተቆራርጠው የተገደለባቸው አሳዛኝ ቤተሰቦች https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuylgt7O6Ys
- ባለቤቴንበኢትዮጲያ ባንዲራ አስረዉ ነዉ ያረዱት! ፖሊስ ራሳችሁን አስመልጡ አንረዳችሁም አለን! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9RaYRZbdIs
- ካሜራችን– “የሴትእና ወንድ አያቴን አሰቃይተው ገደሏቸው“ በኦሮሚያ አሳሳ የተፈጽመ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2_WwsdmuSA
- ካሜራችን– August 4, 2020, ክፍል 2 “ባሌን ገደሉት፤ ልጄን ቀረጣጠፉት” / Ethiopia news / Abbay Media news/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMynXY2tmu8
- ካሜራችን– August 3, 2020, በአሪሲ ዶዶታ ዴራ ከተማሰኔ 23 ምን ተፈጠረ? / Ethiopia news / Abbay Media news/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rVRD9ObL8g
- Genocide is Alive and Well in Africa https://borkena.com/2020/08/12/genocide-is-alive-and-well-in-africa/
- Call It by Its Real Name: It Is Amara genocide https://zehabesha.com/call-it-by-its-real-name-it-is-amara-genocide/?fbclid=IwAR2Zrn_CO85B2ue9-Ak_oNGG-lY2af0-YFZ17FvZRR9Blie0TrfGb4hwb38
- Brutal Intellectuals Are Denying the Amara Holocaust, https://zehabesha.com/brutal-intellectuals-are-denying-the-amara-holocaust/?fbclid=IwAR3CfoRB8yNBaDk00Iz1tiOn0n1F9fsubHbcdJcqr1xvttytt14sn40wIuM
- ፓትሪያሪክና ጳጳሳት ሆይ! በጎቻችሁን ለቀበሮ ቤተክርስትያናችሁን ለእሳት ገብራችሁ ወደ እማይቀረው ዓለም ስትሄዱ የሰማዩን ዳኛ ምን ሰርተን መጣን ልትሉት ነው?https://zehabesha.com/amharic/archives/107974?fbclid=IwAR3a-VGahRDOHk18kEBivzA7IODbBvSqOXzPwIJLlkJJyYKgkXJReqa
- Hiding Genocide, https://zehabesha.com/hiding-genocide-is-hiding-life-threatening-disease-and-committing-suicide/?fbclid=IwAR2JVMHCrGf5H3mwbF4Vw9asej5y5CADg_BkJwXDeVh5EuLFpkRUEks7144
- Bond and Dam Preaching Intellectuals https://zehabesha.com/the-bond-fund-and-dam-preaching-intellectuals-why-your-pens-dry-to-write-about-amara-genocide/?fbclid=IwAR3DV4zySPgmLNd0jJCsfD8LjUrRY_sgxMqXkT9S_KQIw0nKWkjGx5A8WUc
- መንጋ ሆይ! እሽ ዓባይስ ያንተ ነው! ዘር ለማጣፋት የታረዱት ዜጎችስ የማን ናቸው?
- Concealing Amara Genocide, https://zehabesha.com/concealing-the-amara-genocide-is-promoting-amara-massacre/
The writer can be reached at email@example.com
August 12, 2020