ZeHabesha Ethiopian News | Latest News for All | 24/7

An Ethiopian housemaid Berhan Haya died from severe burns

newsGas blast maid dies from injuries An Ethiopian housemaid who sustained serious burns in a gas cylinder explosion at her employer’s residence in Al Dhaid city of Sharjah died of her injuries in hospital, Gulf News has learnt.

The 34-year-old Berhan Haya’a passed away after battling for her life. She had sustained second and third-degree burns to different parts of her body after a gas leak triggered the explosion on January 8.

Haya’a died a few hours afte admission at Al Dhaid Hospital, an official at Sharjah Police told Gulf News.
She had been preparing breakfast for her employers at around 6am on January 8 when the blast tore through her employer’s kitchen, leaving her with severe burns.
An official at Al Dhaid Hospital told Gulf News that a gas leak occurred in the kitchen and the house caught fire when Haya’a switched on the kitchen’s light.
The body will be repatriated to Ethiopia as soon as all legal formalities and police investigations have been completed.
Source- SyndiGate Media

Read Aloud:   Ethiopia: World Bank Translator, Activists Face Trial

1 Comment

  1. Rest in Peace dear sister!
    Yet another Ethiopian Women dead from burning. If their employers are not throwing hot water on them, it is their Gas Cilinder,
    When is these nightmare going to end?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.